Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We had the best time Saturday. After photo sessions Katey, Laurie, Molly & Carolyn came over for pizza. And naturally they brought all the kids. (Ha! I wouldn’t let them come if they didn’t bring the younguns!) We all enjoyed pizza then just visited for a while. It’s been too long since we’ve done that. Anden, Carolyn’s daughter, let me rock her to sleep and so did Marlee Kupcake. (Was I in heaven, or what!) I just love being around the little ones. And the big ones are kinda nice, too.

But, if you’ll remember, I was sick all of last week, so when they all left, I crashed. Goodness, I didn’t know sitting around, talking & rocking babies would wear me out. I made it to Sunday school, but was coughing so much I didn’t stay for worship service. Katey, Katelee & Tucker came over for Sunday lunch, but didn’t stay long. Getting ready for Ecuador takes a lot of her time.

It’s awfully hot here. Cooling a 25,000 sq ft room takes a lot of energy & BTUs, but I definitely want my folks to be comfortable if at all possible. And, BTW, where is the rain? Our yards & gardens put me in mind of Ezekiel’s dry bones. Lord, please send a soaking rain for this drought plagued area.

I’m so disappointed. The Plantersville reunion is the same day that I’m signed up for a morning seminar, then a family event – both planned long in advance. It would be great to see all those folks who were such a big part of our lives.

Lunch hour (a misnomer) is over and it’s back to the salt mines.

No comments: