Saturday, June 30, 2007

My life hasn't been this busy since the girls were living at home. Work takes up way too many hours of my day, especially days when there's a conference call that prevents me leaving work until 6pm; and inventory days; and evaluation days. Since my work day begins at 6:15am, these sorts of things make for long, tiring days. It's hard to get in any treadmill time when I leave home at 6a and get home at 6p. There will be a smaller group at work next week. Quite a few employees opted to take their vacation time now. Entirely too hot for me. I'd just as soon be in an air conditioned building and take my vacation in the mountains in October. Add to my hectic work schedule a trip to Southaven to look at a house Molly & Kevin are making an offer on and a couple of hours at the salon getting my hair color rejuvenated. Now that I think about it, I do need a vacation.

One way to use my vacation time is a few days off before the new Sunday school quarter begins. That way I can do some indepth study of the Bible book we'll study for 3 months. Nothing satisfies like burying myself in God's Word and letting His Spirit teach me.

Kevin's mom & dad are being displaced by the new Toyota facility, and Terry is going to wire the new house they will build. Kevin & Molly are starting new jobs and buying a new house. Katey & Andy are building a new house & putting the kids in a new school. Laurie & Dewayne have their hands full w/ babies & work. Our lives are full and blessed. How rich can one family be?!?! And how grateful we are to our Father for all He does for us!

No comments: