Sunday, June 3, 2007

Most of us were taught, early in life, to share. In some cases sharing is not a good thing. Some of my employees brought a respiratory virus to work and shared it w/ me. And I'm sure that I shared it with others. I still feel absolutely yucky, so no church today. But no choice about going to work tomorrow. The guy I depend on in my absence is on vacation. Since he'll retire in October, it's time to start getting someone else trained for the job. It's not as easy as you'd think. Employees tend to take advantage of a new person - much like a substitute teacher.

Last year I began a weight-loss regimen that worked for me. I was able to lose and keep off about 18 pounds. The Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays put the brakes on, and now it's time to start again. Acupuncture worked the last time, so that's my method of choice again this time. Dr. Z uses needles on some who are allergic to nickel, but for those of us who have no such allergy, we get staples. Yep, she uses a small staple gun to put a staple in each ear. Skeptical? It doesn't work for everyone, but it surely did help me. And, yes, I realize there's a psychological aspect to it, but if it works, why not? About 10 minutes after she put the staples in, I felt as if I'd just eaten. Maybe the staple pressing on a particular nerve tricks the brain into thinking I'm full.

We got rain yesterday----YEA! The rain guage showed 1-1/4", which was almost a flood for the Tupelo area. It's been dry as a bone here. What we really need is a 3-day soaker, but we're thankful for every single drop. The forecast for the next seven days is DRY & HOT. Crank up the air conditioning.

1 comment:

C J Garrett said...

Sorry to hear you've caught the bug. Hope it's not like the one I had last month. You may have to shut down the plant.