Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Anniversary # 36 !!!!! Terry & I celebrated 36 years of wedded bliss yesterday. Well, there may have been a few rough spots along the way, but we persevered and here we are, together still. Sometimes he worked at it harder than I did and sometimes I did all the work. What you call compromise? We’ve both mellowed over the years and to be honest, he spoils me rotten. There’s a song the Forester Sisters recorded several years ago that says what I feel.

Looking in my life thru
the eyes of a young girl,
Growing older all the time,
maybe just a little wiser.
I can clearly see all my
mistakes keep coming back to visit me.
Pointing out the roads not taken
So much I'd like to change,
but one thing I'd do the same.

I'd choose you again
I'd choose you again
If God gave me the chance to do it all again
I'd carefully consider every choice and then
Of all the boys in the world,
I'd choose you again

Given the chance, I’d do some things differently – better. But I wouldn’t change Terry. I’d choose him again.

No comments: