Monday, June 18, 2007

George gave some more details and some different scenarios about the voting issue, and I appreciate that. I understood all that, but here are the problems I have with it:

1) There probably are some people who are dishonest enough to try to pad the votes for a certain person. Please do not assume that it is only Republicans who might do this. Dishonesty knows no party affiliation. Would it be that many in the grand scheme of things? Enough to change an election outcome? Surely not. Usually, you can't get 10 people to agree on anything, much less try to influence the outcome of an election.

2) I've always been opposed to the primary system. There have been candidates in both parties that I really wanted to see elected. If I was voting only for sheriff, there'd be no problem. But maybe I want to vote for a republican sheriff and a republican tax collector, but there's a democratic constable I really want to see elected. I can't even vote to make sure that person gets into the general election.

OK, I'm gonna get off this kick for a while, but thank you George, for weighing in. I like to have different perspectives to consider.

On a more positive note....Janet, Laurie's mother-in-law, MomaG and I kept nursery at church yesterday. That's always a hoot. We had Marlee K and 5 other babies between 2 & 8 months. We were hot and tired at 11:30, but when all was said & done, we were 3 happy Grandmas.

No comments: