Saturday, June 9, 2007

Finally! I may actually live. Several times during this week Terry's mother's words came to mind. "I'll have to get better to die." My two biggest failings with sickness are: 1) hating to go to the doctor, and 2) refusing to stay home & rest. Gets me every time. One day there will be a really big price to pay if I don't change my ways.

I finally got my voice back yesterday and had some of those one-minute manager moments w/ some folks. And, no, they weren't all of the negative sort. My comeuppance arrived in a phone call yesterday afternoon. Don't you just hate it when you do what the boss tells you, then he backpedals when his boss questions it. I was left in the commonly known position of "holding the bag." Oh well, it's why they pay me the medium bucks.

Good news: The staples seem to be working. I lost 3 pounds in a week. Whether it's physical or psychological, I'm just glad it works for me. For those of you considering this method for weight loss, be VERY SURE to use a reputable healthcare provider. Video store clerks are not recommended and should be shut down.

My friend, Cathy, is (almost) inspiring me to exercise. I have a treadmill, but the carport will have to be cleaned out before I put it out there again. And there's no room inside the house. Excuses, excuses.

Laurie & family had a great vacation in the Ozarks last week. And lived to tell about it, even while traveling with 4 small children. Her in-laws went with them & brought the kids back a day early so Laurie & Dewayne could have some much-needed alone time. The carpenters have started framing Katey & Andy's house. A plus to building outside city limits is that there are no street lights so you can see the stars. They're excited. And Katey leaves for Ecuador next Friday. I'm praying hard & leaving it in my loving Father's Hands. They've raised the money and made all the preparations. Molly & Kevin celebrated their 5th anniversary yesterday. He starts his new job the 18th and they're still looking for a house. Molly will start teaching in the fall. MomaG just got back from Gatlinburg. "You go, girl" can always be applied to her, although her trips are not as long as in the past. She does love to travel.

Katey, Laurie & Carolyn are taking their kids to have pictures made today. Molly is going along for crowd control. So there's a better than good chance that I'll get to see my kids & kidlettes today. Mamaw is happy. :-)

No comments: