Monday, January 22, 2007

What a weekend !! Wonderful, but tiring. The SS supper Saturday night was more than I usually do on any given weekend. But then on Sunday, we had in-laws & outlaws over – a birthday celebration for Katey & Marcus – after church.

I love having family around. These types of events usually wind up lasting all day and we get to visit w/ folks we don’t see often enough. Our girls chose life-mates well and we are blessed w/ terrific sons-in-law and their families. It makes us all family.

Way to go Payton! I didn’t want the Saints to lose, but goodness, who would I have cheered for if the Colts & Saints had made it to The Big One? Football is an on-again, off-again sport for me. For instance, I like the Colts and the Giants b/c of the Manning boys (and Tiki Barber). The Saints are fun to watch b/c an in-law family member works for McAlister (and they've had such a great year). Football was HUGE in my growing-up years. We watched it all – pro & college. Often our kinfolks from Corinth would come down & we’d watch in front of the fireplace – one of the few times the TV was left on during a meal.

One summer my cousin went w/ us to Florida & the Bahamas. The highlight of our trip? Getting to stop by Broadway Joe’s {Namath} restaurant. It was too early to eat, but they gave us some souvenirs w/ the logo. Actually, that wasn’t the highlight of the trip for me, but that’s for another day.

See some b’day party pics at http://www.xanga.com/mornin

No comments: