Tuesday, January 16, 2007

At this stage in my life busy-ness is not high on my priority list. But somehow January & February are shaping up to be whirlwinds. There are 3 family birthdays, 2 women’s conferences, 1 baby shower and the arrival in February of our 6th grandchild. And I have to work!

My circadian rhythm bids me rise about 4am each day. (To tell you the truth, it probably has more to do with my younger days. When Darrell & I were growing up, our parents rose with the chickens and expected us to do the same. If we didn’t get up the first time they called us, the next time they called, the sound of “get up!” was accompanied by the sound of a Miss State-style cowbell ringing in our ears. This girl does not want to hear that cowbell again.) Anyway…

…my circadian rhythm bids me rise about 4am each day, so by 4pm all the energy is gone. The early morning hours are usually a joy to me, a time for prayer and Bible study while my mind is fresh and ready to receive whatever He has for me. With all the holiday hoopla, long days at work and extracurricular activities, the early morning hours recently have been spent rushing to start the day. As this new year begins I’m re-committing to do whatever it takes to have that special time with my Lord. Feel free to hold me accountable.

No comments: