Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Mornings

Another quiet Saturday morning, but that will change about 10am. Tucker's coming to spend some time w/ me while his mom & dad & sister do other things. He's such a lovable and loving child with a heart for God and an absolute, unwavering faith that God answers prayer. There are so many examples of God rewarding Tucker's faith in Him, but this one was definitely a lesson for Mamaw:

Like most little boys, Tucker was fascinated at the sight of someone being sick in public and he had to tell me all the details. He added that his little friend was back at school a day later, feeling fine. I mentioned that he probably had a tummy bug that didn't last long. Tucker held up his left index finger (pointing toward heaven?) and said, "Uh, no Mamaw. I prayed for him." No questions; no doubts. God answered Tucker's prayer and made his little friend well. Oh, to have the faith of Tucker!!

I'm reading F.B. Meyer's book Abraham, or the Obedience of Faith. The book provides a very good backdrop for the Bible study I'm involved in - The Patriarchs by Beth Moore. In fact, the reason I started reading the book is because Beth quotes from it frequently in dealing with Abraham's life. I've always loved Abraham because he was so human. He's a great reminder that God can and does call out ordinary people; He truly speaks to us to guide our paths; He gives second, third, fourth....chances to people who fail miserably; He doesn't stop using us even as we get older; He listens to us when we pray (Yes, Tucker, you keep telling us that.). Could my tombstone epitaph ever say "Friend of God"? It's my goal. Tucker, I hope you'll pray for me.

No comments: