Saturday, March 17, 2007

Terry & I lead a sedentary lifestyle. We go to work, we come home. Since I need lots of downtime and since Terry enjoys mostly solitary activities, this suits us just fine. The last week has been very different for me - enjoyable, but different.

There've been two funerals - Ms. Jack's and Jimmy's (my first cousin's husband). We visited with old friends and family from Plantersville & Nettleton. MomaG & I spent some time together Wednesday and kids & kidlettes have filled the last two days. (I'm tired.)

At the end of last year the girls & I decided we'd spend at least one day a month together. So far we've helped Laurie clean & rearrange furniture in anticipation of Marlee Cupcake's birth. Then on Thursday they all descended on my house. We had two projects: organize bookshelves and clean out some closets. Since I have 3.7 kagillion books, the bookshelf project was all that got done. Did you know there's actually a floor in front of one of my bookshelves? It had been covered by all my Bible study materials, but Laurie reorganized & found a place for all of it. It may take on its former chaos again, but at least I have a place to put everthing now.

Yesterday some of us trekked up to Memphis to shop and drive some different neighborhoods looking for potential locations for Molly & Kevin. They want to live in Mississippi because of the high property taxes in TN; and there are some nicer locations on the south side of where Kevin will work. The highlight of the day was dinner at Shogun's. If you've never been, it's a real show to have the chef cook the entire meal at the table - and it was all delicious. We must have had a chef-in-training. He wore a red hat & he sailed an egg right between me & Katey where it broke & spilled all over her purse. She just laughed it off.

Terry & I have such great girls (no bias here!). All are very different in temperament; one looks like me & the other two look like Terry; all serve God in their respective communities and churches. I told Mary M at P'ville that all have worked w/ Bible drills - a testimony to the wonderful role models they grew up w/ in P'ville - Mary, Karl, Noah and others. We thank God for their witness & teachings that helped ground our children in a strong faith.

No comments: