Sunday, March 4, 2007

Some people thrive on lots of activity and lots of interaction with other people. Some people (like me & MomaG) need a considerable amount of downtime. I'd always thought I was an extrovert, but a few years ago I took a leadership class and discovered I'm a closet introvert. The leader of the course said he knew that as soon as he met me. After seeing my answers to a questionnaire and asking a few pointed questions he could explain some of it. "You've trained yourself to be an extrovert. All your life experiences have required you to be around people, starting in your parents' retail store." Now mind you, he didn't tell me this the first day; he let me go home suffering the anxiety of wondering why I wasn't in a behavioral center somewhere. *g*

That's why I enjoy quiet Saturdays so much. Yesterday was mostly quiet and I was loving it. Our SS class had an outing & I could hardly bring myself to get ready. But I did and enjoyed the short trek. We went to the benefit for the Hannaford Family at New Harmony Baptist Church. Twenty one of our group went - a good turnout. I hope you'll read about this family by clicking on their name. Another lesson on the priorities that should be important. From the length of the line (we got there when it opened) and the number of people who were still in line when we left, they will have a very profitable benefit.

We begin March Madness at church today. All the adults will meet in the sanctuary each Sunday in March. Bro. Jim will be sharing his vision for Belden and how Sunday school plays the most important part. It's going to be exciting. Every church he has pastored has experienced phenomenal growth and we have a mission field that is white unto harvest. I'm praying God will lead us to experience His vision for BBC.

No comments: