Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Dewayne!! Dewayne is our middle son (-in-law) and he’s 32 years old today.

Son, you are dear to our hearts and special in our lives. I don’t know all the details of your birth, but I know about your life since you’ve come into ours. While you & Laurie dated several years before you married, your wedding day stands out in my mind. You might have been nervous, but you put on a very calm front. Do you remember that after the wedding the limo took you & Laurie back to our house? Katey & I followed in the car to swap vehicles and help y’all get off to the airport in B’ham. Katey & I walked in the house to find you and Laurie sitting on the couch staring into space. You said, “I can’t believe how tired I am.”

Over the years I’ve watched you teach Sunday school, sing in the choir, serve as a deacon and lead your family as a Christian husband & father should. You & Laurie have blessed us with three grandsons and a baby girl’s birth is imminent. God’s grace & love in joining you to our family is something I give thanks for always.
May your day be blessed.

No comments: