Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's been quiet around here since Christmas Day. The Kids & Kidlettes departed and left the echoes of happy sounds. Oh, I've talked to all the girls & some of the kidlettes several times since Tuesday, but there've been no small feet running or tiny hands/knees crawling through the house. I've spent these few days napping, computering, studying and eating (which I'll have to give up on Jan 2nd). Terry's worked all but Wednesday so the quiet has almost shouted at me. But I'm one of those people who needs some serious downtime a lot more frequently than I get it. I could have filled my days off with activities, but the need for quiet introspection won out. And, yes, I'm ready for the human interaction again. Good thing, too, since tomorrow is Sunday, which will include church and my families' Christmas meal.

When the TV has been on this week, it's sad message of tiger attacks and martyrdom made me seek other things to do. Thankfully, I discovered iTunes about a year ago and the praise & worship music I've accumulated soothed my heart, mind & soul. And I'm ending the year reading in the book of Isaiah. God's message through this great prophet is not always a happy one, but it is always a hopeful one. There's so much of Jesus, the Christ, in Isaiah's writings and He's so much about hope and life. It's hard to stay sad when reading the scriptures.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night w/ my mom, brother, sister-in-law, nephew & all our crew. We so seldom get a chance to be together. This year DaddyG has been on my mind more than ever. The first moment I see Darrell is always a shock; he's so much like DaddyG. Can you say "spittin' image"? There's also a funny side to our get-togethers. MomaG, Darrell, Kay & Craig are not used to the chaos associated with lots of little ones. You can see them begin to get antsy after about an hour. Oh, well, it's the price they pay for being kin to this prolific side of the family.

No comments: