Sunday, December 30, 2007

As I wait...

The family will be here in an hour or so. You'd think I would be frantically trying to clean/straighten/organize. Not me. I'm a "Mary" kind of person. I say that almost honestly. The problem is that while it's not crucial for me to have every speck of dust relegated to the trash heap there's a tiny part deep inside that really feels inadequate. You see, some of our guests today are used to linen napkins while 3-ply Vanity Fair is as close to linen as we'll get today. They pour tea from a crystal pitcher while the large plastic canister will have to suffice here. These are folks I love with all my heart, but I do occasionally feel like trailer park trash next to Beverly Hills glitz. Strange, but true.

On a happier note, Terry & I are trying out a '04 Ford FreeStar minivan. Who knows...we might actually buy it.

No comments: