Monday, December 10, 2007

It was a nice weekend. I planned more for Saturday at home than I was able to accomplish. I wrote my own Christmas cards this year, and while that was done back in April (who knows why it came to me in April??) I didn’t leave enough time for printing. That’s how I spent Saturday morning. And naturally, when you need a printer to work efficiently, it doesn’t work at all. But they’re done and will go in the mail tomorrow.

Last night I went to Parkway for a bar-b-que supper and the Christmas cantata. There’s a young man named Matt who played 2 keyboards and a computer. It was magnificent, as was the entire cantata. The Parkway choir has an unusual amount of depth in all sections for a small church choir. I’d sit through it all again!

This will be a busy week. Darrell is coming over to spend a few days and we’re going out to dinner tonight with MomaG. Thursday night we’re going to the Country Squire for our Sunday School Christmas party. Saturday I’ll go to Katelee & Tucker’s dress rehearsal, then to Memphis for Handel’s Messiah. Sunday night is the cantata at BBC. Somewhere in there I need to work on Sunday school lesson preparation. (Genesis, praise God!) Whew! By then I’ll need to take a vacation.

Those who know me know that music is my heart, so even if I’m tired, it will be worth it. Merry Christmas with love.

No comments: