Saturday, October 30, 2010

Can you hear the laughing and fussing and encouraging? And can you see me smiling? My 3 girls and oldest granddaughter and oldest grandson are having a craft-y morning here at our house. They saw some "picture frames" at the Mistletoe Merchant Event in Memphis earalier this month and decided they could do that very thing for very little money.

And now Laurie is making a white chicken pizza for lunch, along w/ some sort of chocolate/peanut butter concoction that's already making my mouth water. I hear Katelee outside hammering on sheetmetal and they're still discussing the pros and cons of certain colors and decorations for the frames.

We all spent a few minutes congratulating Molly on a job well-done. Scores are in for teachers in the Desoto County school system and Southaven Middle School 6th graders scored very high marks. Out of 54 6th grade teachers county-wide, all six of the 6th grade teachers from last year scored in the top ten. And Molly is #5 overall. Yea! Molly! See..what you do matters for a lifetime.

We'll eat lunch and all go our separate ways - Katey to a State game, Laurie to Ole Miss, Molly to her in-laws, Katelee & Tucker to a fall party and me to the BBC Fall Festival - but it's been a wonderful morning. It's been a blessing to have all my girls here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like something that would go on at our house! Thanks so much for your kind comments...one of my first goals was to be a writer, then I got hijacked by veterinary medicine! I am enjoying reading your blog as well...thanks!
Courtney