Monday, October 25, 2010

All the negative things I anticipated happening today didn't. I told Terry this morning that he was being mean to make me go to work, but it didn't sway him. He brought me right on up to the end of the sidewalk and told me to get out. Well, actually he said, "OK, I love you; bye-bye; have a good day," all in one breath. It's not that I don't like to work; I do. But I've been coming to the same place for 29 years next Tuesday and a body gets tired of the sameness. Or maybe I'm just tired of dealing with folks who don't appear to be grateful for a job in this stinking economy. And besides, what would I do at home by myself all day, every day? I'd last 2 weeks, max!

On a brighter note, we had a wonderful, unusual, beautifuly worship experience yesterday at Belden. One of our members is from Central America and some of her family, not conversant in English, has been visiting Belden. Yesterday when Bro. Jim got up to preach, Margie went to the pulpit with him. Hmmmm..what's going on? She stood right up there with a microphone and translated the entire sermon. You could tell it was an effort for both of them, but it was beautiful and not distracting at all. One of the men told the congregation, through Margie, that he could really feel the presence of God in that place. He was very appreciative of the love and acceptance he felt from our congregation. Looks like we have a mission field closer than we knew as our area has a large population of Hispanics and Latin Americans.

It's hard to believe, but Katelee will be 12 years old tomorrow. Seems like only yesterday we were welcoming a tiny 3lb/12oz girl into our lives. Now she sings at church and school and has started running cross-country. I wonder if Katey feels any older?

No comments: