Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's recuperation day. Occasionally I can get together w/ all the girls and make a day of it. Yesterday, since Laurie's birthday and Spring break coincided we made it an Event. Monday Laurie & children (w/ the help of a college student friend) went to Southaven to get Molly. Molly spent the night w/ us and we got up Tuesday prepared to roam. Voting was first on the agenda.

Laurie got sitters lined up for the four oldest children, but had to bring Pearce with her. Not a problem for this Mamaw. She picked Molly & me up and we met Katey at the mall area. There are a couple of new stores - Ross's and Maurice's - that we wanted to visit. I found an Easter suit at Dress Barn. Then we met Nanny, Katelee, Tucker & Christina at Logan's for lunch. (I need to come back to the food issue.) After a very good meal, we started shopping again. I found some skirts and tops at Kohl's, but no dark chocolate shoes, which I now need. Katey left us at Kohl's and we went on to the mall. By this time Pearce & Mamaw are beginning to get tired so it's home for us.

But our day isn't over. Terry & I took Molly home to Southaven. Of course, since Terry got Brewster gift certificates for Christmas, we had to stop there for ice cream. It was a very long day & I finally got in bed after midnight.

Now back to the food issue...My friend, Glenda, is having surgery Friday. The type of surgery required her to be on a semi-liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery. As support for her, and because I need it, I joined her in the semi-liquid diet. Some soups, yogurt, jello, puddings, Carnation Instant Breakfast, V8, juices, coffee (lots of coffee), water (lots of water) are on our menu. So you might understand that when I put something solid in my system like salads, hamburgers, etc., my body goes a little haywire. Net result is that in a 1.5 weeks I've lost 5 pounds!! Yea! It will be over three months before Glenda can go back to a regular diet (sorry, modified diet) so here's hoping I can continue to lose more weight. Just so you'll know, her's isn't one of those weight loss surgeries, but it does involve her digestive system and will result in a significant weight loss. Yea for her! This has been so hard for her. For me it's been a choice to support her, but for her it's been a mandate. Naturally, when you're told you absolutely cannot do something, it's harder to do. Add to this that she plans to quit smoking when she goes into hospital, she is going to have a tough time. But she's strong and I expect great things for her.

No comments: