Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Laurie! It's hard to believe you're 33 years old. It seems only yesterday you were hiding behind your mama when someone tried to talk to you. Those days are definitely gone; you're a people person if ever there was one. I'm looking forward to spending the day with all my daughters today to celebrate "your day".

The weekend was a mixed bag for me. The snow was refreshing and beautiful. Terry & I, Katey & Andy went to the Regional Rehabilitation Center's benefit concert at the Davis Center on the ICC campus. It was a night of bluegrass music with Connie Smith (not quite bluegrass), the Chuch Wagon Gang, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver and Rhonda Vincent. Bluegrass is not my very favorite genre, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Since it was Daylight Saving Time weekend, it made for a short night's sleep before church. SS class was unusually lively. We did a little role play with Jacob, Rachel & Leah from Genesis 29. It was fun and we all learned a lot.

The blessings of a nursery worker: About every seven weeks I keep nursery during morning worship service. MomaG is not on the volunteer list, but she always works when I do. Another friend of ours was with us Sunday and it's a good thing. We had six little girls from 8 months to 18 months. Gracie & Katherine played the entire time; Rebecca fussed occasionally, but mostly played by herself; Marlee K sat in my lap a while, but eventually decided to play; Hannah talked up a storm w/ a strong vocabulary for an 18-mo old; and AJ cried and cried and cried. Some children just don't do well with strangers and she had a bad day. We changed diapers, mixed up sippy cups, crawled around on the floor, rocked and generally managed the chaos. It was fun and I took a nap as soon as I got home. ~smiles

No comments: