Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yesterday ended better than it started. Maybe it has something to do with expectations. It was just another day at work, but after work I had a treat. MomaG and my cousin, Susan, from Atlanta picked me up at 4:00 and we took the grand tour of the Nettleton/New Chapel area. We spent a lot of time revisiting the past by going to sites where our parents/grandparents/great grandparents lived years ago. MomaG remembers a lot of our family history. We made a brief stop at New Chapel cemetery where many of our relatives are buried, including my dad, Susan’s mom and our grandparents. Susan commented that we’re probably kin to most of the folks buried there.

Our meandering led us to Applebee’s for supper (Southern for dinner). Calories don’t count on your birthday, do they? Then we backtracked to see the progress being made on Katey & Andy’s house. I hated to leave the good company, but this chick goes to bed with the chickens in order to be up at 4:15.

There were phone calls from my girls and my brother, a very sweet post from Carolyn, cards in the mail and emails – all sending birthday wishes. (And a Terry rendition of “Happy Birthday”) All in all it was a very good day.

No comments: