Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's been a Mamaw kind of weekend. Marlee Kupcake kept me company Friday night for a few hours while her mom & dad had some much-needed alone time. Then she stayed with me a few more hours yesterday afternoon. We ate, we slept, we talked. She told me all sorts of secrets that I'll never tell. { 1. because I can keep a secret, and 2. because she was speaking another language. :-) } And her brothers visited for a while, too. Lest I forget, Laurie & Dewayne were here. Now I understand how my mom & dad felt when we took the girls to visit them; they hardly knew we were there for all the attention they were giving the little ones.

The Sunday school lesson this morning came from Malachi 1, about how worthy God is of our love and how that love should manifest itself in our daily lives and our corporate worship. Lots to digest and evaluate. The entire worship service was very powerful. Anyone who knows me, knows that music is, to me, the purest form of worship. The Offertory, How Great Thou Art, lifted us up to glimpse God's Glory. The special music, a very different genre, got us pumped up and ready to hear God's Word. Bro. Jim preached a powerful sermon about keeping the lighthouse clean. First Corinthians 5 is a very difficult scripture and much shunned by today's church, but Bro. Jim's teaching showed that scripture is very clear about church discipline. Lots more to digest and more examination needed in my own life first. I do love God's Word.

It's back to work tomorrow with triple digit temps and even higher heat indices. Everyone should remember to stay hydrated - water or power drinks, not carbonated or alcoholic drinks. Have a great week and remember Whose you are.

No comments: