Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It’s almost intolerable, and I’m inside. How on earth do people work outside in this heat?? The air conditioner in our office hasn’t cycled off all day and it’s still over 80*. Do you know how hard it is to cool a metal building?!? Tempers aren’t faring very well in this extreme heat, either, and we’re moving about as fast as molasses in winter. Ah, for winter. Laurie expresses my sentiments when she says, “I don’t do HOT.”

For those of you who believe it has to do with global warming, I remind you that in the 1930’s the South experienced these same kinds of consistently HOT days. And, no, I wasn’t alive then, but I’ve seen some of the data. Most seniors I've heard talk about the weather say it goes in cycles and this just happens to be one of the hot ones.

Stay cool. Stay hydrated.

No comments: