Monday, April 23, 2007

Goodness, I spent my lunch writing a post and lost it when my new computer went haywire. Here’s what I was thinking about…

Yesterday was a banner day at Belden Baptist Church. We started out with a great Sunday school lesson. I say that, not because I’m the Lead Learner, but because there was lots of participation/sharing about some wonderful, but often misunderstood, scripture. Ladies, y’all are the best!

Worship service included recognition of Bible drillers, then Parent/Child dedication. I’m so thankful that BBC encourages Bible drill participation; it’s one of the best things my girls were involved in at Plantersville. Their leaders were heroes of faith to them and the scriptures learned have always ‘stuck’.

Only last year Marcus was dedicated, and this year Marlee was in the lineup. Of course, I was tickled when Bro. Jim told everyone, “Her name is Marlee K; just K; it doesn’t stand for anything.” The he pointed out that she’s a true Baptist – she was eating in church. Babies do not wait around when it’s bottle time.

After church some in our SS class went to Santa Fe Cattle Company for lunch. Good food; good fun; good fellowship. Shelia, I’ll buy dessert next time.

And last night…..Words (almost) fail me. The combined choirs and orchestras of BBC and DeSota Hills Baptist Church of Southaven presented He’s Alive Forever. We couldn’t have gotten any closer to the threshold of Heaven. So many people worked long, hard hours to put this together and it showed. I naturally was proud of Dewayne’s bass solo and Laurie’s flute solos. There was a large crowd and we were all blessed. Thank You, Father, for so many talented people who love to praise You through music. And thank You for ears to hear.

Today’s Aaron’s 3rd birthday. There’s a post about him on my xanga site.

No comments: