Friday, November 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATHY!!

Cathy and I have been friends for the longest time – since 1978, in fact. We went to church together back in those days; she played organ & I sang in the choir. Our kids played at Cecil’s and we went out for supper on Sunday nights. We even sang together – Christian music and country music.

Those of you who read her blog surely know she’s a free spirit – always has been – but her move south seems to have freed her spirit even more. We disagree on most things – theology, psychology, politics, social issues – but on this we do agree: we can love and respect each other despite the differences.

Even after all the years and miles between we can pick up conversations and talk as if we only spoke yesterday. I love her smile and her nervous laughter. Her insight into others’ motives and feelings is uncanny. She is not afraid to put her vulnerabilities out there for all to see. And she’s not afraid to step on toes with her opinions. (God love her)

Cathy, my friend, have a joyous, blessed day!

1 comment:

C J Garrett said...

Thanks, Friend! You're the best! No toes stepped on today, just a small scrap with AT&T to stay in practice. But I got what I wanted, so I'm happy!

Love ya,
C.