Saturday, November 24, 2007

Friend Cathy has pointed me to a new technology that I hope will be an answer to my reading challenge. It's called a Kindle by Amazon.com. It uses a new technology known as ePaper that eliminates a lot of glare caused by backlighting. One feature that sold me on this reader is the ability to manipulate text size. But that would be useless if there were no books I wanted to read. Yea! There are plenty. Amazon carries a lot of my favorites in Kindle edition: Lucado, Swindoll, Lotz, LaHaye and many others. And there's a ton of other features. It's what Terry is getting me for Christmas...and it may be that late. It's on backorder and they keep pushing the ship date out; right now it stands at 12/6/07.

I hope my expectations don't exceed reality. I read all the pro/con reviews, and came to the conclusion that each person had to try it for themselves. It's pricey, but books are $9.99 and it holds over 200 titles. The only drawback is that right now I can't find a Bible in Kindle edition. If anyone sees one, please let me know.

Kids & Kidlettes are coming over today for Thanksgiving lunch. They're bringing food and I'm only required to make tea. Better get at it.

...in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus...Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:18, 23 NASB

No comments: