Saturday, May 5, 2007

My mom is terrific. At 70 years of age, she's still trekking all over the place. When she moved to Tupelo last year, she determined to become my personal taxi as often as possible and it's been great. I don't think we spent this much time together when I was young & living at home. Of course, during those teen years I didn't appreciate her like I do now.

Yesterday we had a good time eating lunch at IHOP, going to the salon for a "do", having pictures taken for a church directory. She was slightly offended when the lady who was showing her the proofs told her they could airbrush some of the wrinkles out. She told her she'd earned every single one of her wrinkles and would keep them, thank you very much. I told her I didn't like having my picture taken 'cause they always managed to make them look too much like me. We laughed a lot yesterday, as usual.

Do I know how blessed I am to still have my mom around? You bet! And I'm going to treasure every single minute of it. I love you, MomaG.

No comments: