Monday, May 14, 2007

It was such a nice weekend. Saturday was quiet and uneventful – just the way I like it. Then, in an unplanned moment everything fell in place for all the kids & kidlettes to be at the house Saturday night. The kidlettes were in a good mood and played while all the grownups actually got to eat at the same table and carry on some (semi)-adult conversation. Did I just refer to my daughters and sons-in-law as grownups? Where does the time go!

In case I’ve never said it before Terry & I have super-terrific daughters who married super-terrific young men and have given us six super-terrific grandchildren. (More to come, I’m sure.) Makes Mother’s Day a really special time.

You’d have laughed to see the dining room table. I really wish I’d taken a picture. Since I don’t cook much (ever?), we ordered from Malone’s Fish & Steak. The table was awash with Styrofoam take-out plates. There was hardly room to sneeze with 8 adults juggling plates, salad containers, glasses, butter, salt…..you get the picture. But it was so much fun.

In case I haven’t mentioned this – my girls have some super-terrific in-laws. As much as possible we all celebrate special occasions together. This year Andy’s mom hosted the celebration. It makes for a full house, but there’s some wonderful love and laughter when we get together. We’re blessed by God’s grace to have a strong Christian foundation in all our homes, which accounts for the camaraderie. And over the years, we’ve just come to love each other a lot. I’m very thankful to have all of them in my life.

So it was a nice weekend, a nice Mother’s Day, a nice celebration of family.

No comments: