Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Call Me Weird

There's a huge snow out there and it's beautiful. I'm off work for two days because of the weather, which I have no control over. So why am I miserable? Lots of people would be jumping for joy if they didn't have to go to work. Yet I'm anxious. Yesterday wasn't too bad. I studied my Sunday school lesson and caught up on some computer work that I had put off. We had pinto beans, mashed potatoes and cornbread for lunch and that was good. And I watched too much TV.

Maybe that's the problem. The non-stop coverage of the tragedy in Arizona can wear on the spirit. It's not that I don't feel for all concerned; it's just that a surfeit of bad news isn't a good antidote for cabin fever.

And I blame my parents for my heightened sense of guilt when I don't go to work...even if I can't go to work. Don't get me wrong - my parents are/were great. (Daddy G has gone home, but Mama G is still around to make sure I do what's right.) But surely they didn't have to instill such a sense of responsibility. Yeah, I guess they did, and it stands me in good stead most of the time. I'm just feeling.......miserable.

Are you tired of my whining? I am. So, I'm going to put the clothes in the dryer, fix some lunch, turn off the TV and go vote (later). Sounds good to me.

No comments: