Thursday, June 26, 2008

Don’t you just love nice surprises? Monday afternoon I was working hard…smile…at my computer when I heard the front door open. I looked up (with my computer glasses on, which prevented my seeing anything except a blur) and saw a wild woman standing at the counter waving big-time. Quick! Change glasses. Oh my stars, it’s Cathy. How great is that?! She had spent a couple of days w/ her grands and was on her way back home. We only got a short visit in, but Friend Cathy, it was wonderful to see you.

This past weekend was a sweet one for our family. Katelee was baptized Sunday morning with lots of family there to share the experience. It turned into a really busy day. Some of us went to lunch after church; then L & I went to a bridal shower. At the house K & kidlettes came by twice and M dropped in for a while. WOW! How often do I get to see all my girls in one day? Not nearly often enough.

I finished my work projects that were stressing me out so much. Of course, there will probably be things to correct but it will come in smaller, more manageable increments.

I fell off the wagon last night. Yesterday was our 37th anniversary so Terry & I went out to supper. Do you know how hard it is to manage portions when you go to a place that is strictly buffet? Oh well, let’s just say it was a reward for making a drastic lifestyle change. I’m back on the healthy eating wagon again today so maybe there wasn’t too much harm. On Monday afternoon I added a cardio workout to my routine. I can tell you, about 10 minutes into the program I could feel every single one of my 57 years. Can you say “the oldies were sweating”? Oh…but I feel so much better.

No comments: