Saturday, February 16, 2008

I’ve missed posting this week, but every time I started to write something it sounded whiny. My work life is a series of challenges and has been for over a year. I know it’s where God wants me to be – what He’s called me to – but the path is rough and my inadequacy is showing through. My boss tells me that in this last series of challenges I may feel inadequate, but the truth is that many of us haven’t been given the tools to do what is required of us. (He always knows how to make me feel better.) Ever heard of ISO9001-2000? 5S/Lean Manufacturing? Kaizan? Me neither until recently. Now I have to become an expert on the fly. It ain’t gonna happen. Oh, I’ll learn, but it’s going to take time. I dreamed about all this early this morning; alll those stacks of paperwork woke me early. That’s not a good sign.

Couple with all this the fact that I haven’t seen my kids and kidlettes in at least 2 weeks and you get a grouchy Mamaw. The sinus bug bit me and I’ve been staying away from them all, especially the tiniest, since they definitely don’t need this respiratory problem. A shot and a Z-pak have done the trick and I may actually get to see at least some of them today & tomorrow. You know I’ll feel better then.

Missing church last week also made me crankier. Being involved in Bible study and hearing God’s Word preached each week breaks the fast of the previous days. You know I do have my own worship time, but God created us to want/need corporate worship. It’s who we are in His body of believers.

For those of you who missed it, Pearce McGuire Phillips made his entrance into our world on February 1, 2008. He’s a laid-back little fellow, according to his mom. You can read more about that family right here. And I really need to see Katelee & Tucker real soon. OK, kids & kidlettes, Mamaw needs an infusion of family time.

No comments: