Saturday, July 2, 2011

Divine Laughter

I have a friend who knows you and I was wondering if you know him. His name is Jesus. I'd been going to church for a long time and I knew of him, but I didn't know him until I was 19 years old. You see, I followed some friends down the church aisle during revival when I was 10. I spent the next 9 years trying to figure out the next thing I could do to try to please him because the last thing I had tried hadn't worked.

One Wednesday night during prayer meeting, on my knees, I tried to rededicate my life to Jesus Christ. He spoke very clearly to me, saying, "You can't rededicate what you've never dediccated." And in that moment I surrendered and Jesus took over. What a relief! What a joy! What a peace! And all that can be yours!

There's something else you can think about. We're told in the Bible that the angels rejoice when someone surrenders their life to the only Way, Truth and Life - Jesus - who gave his all to make that possible. With all he gave, I wonder if there's more to the heavenly rejoicing...

He's waiting for you; he's sent his Spirit to work on your heart to draw you to him. He's sitting there beside the Father...waiting. Then Jesus sees the door to your heart open in surrender and he smiles; then he grins from ear to ear. And then...He SHOUTS with glorious, divine laughter born of victory, joy and undying love! For a moment all the hosts of heaven stands in stunned silence at the beauty of that laughter. Then they, too, begin to laugh, sing and praise God in joyous thanksgiving that another soul has surrendered to "joy unspeakable and full of glory"! Divine laughter - it's how Jesus' love for you sounds.

I have a friend who knows you and I was wondering if you know him. His name is Jesus!

No comments: