Monday, August 25, 2008

We had a Women’s Ministry brunch at church Saturday. What a wonderful time we all had. After all the games, food & general hilarity, Dr. Leanna Hollis spoke about different women of differing gifts and talents carrying on the work of ministry. It was a very inspiring talk. There were over 60 ladies of all ages bonded together by a love for the Lord and His church and by a love for each other.

As an Icebreaker we all had cards with a question. We were to talk to as many people as possible, write down their names and their answers. Mind you, all of us had different questions. One lady approached me (who was that woman?!?) and asked, “What’s your favorite book of the Bible?” I almost fell out of my chair laughing and my Sunday school members around me thought it was too funny. You see, each quarter we start studying a different book of the Bible, and for as long as I’ve been teaching the class – 7 years – I start each quarter by telling them, “This is my very favorite book in the Bible.” Yes, I have lots of favorites; 66, as a matter of fact.

It rained off and on all weekend and we’ve been thankful for every drop. In this part of the state rain has been scarce this summer. But the rain didn’t stop us. Even when the umbrella turned wrong-side-out we just laughed and trekked on. All of us were sporting that wind-blown look.

And it’s been a calm day at work, strangely enough. I have several projects going on so I only get out of the cubbyhole a few times a day. Never have understood how I’m supposed to “supervise” when I’m tied to a computer. Oh, well. I’m glad to have a job and benefits. I’ll leave the “understanding” to my bosses.

No comments: