Sunday, October 28, 2007

We're waking to a cool Sunday morning. This weather makes me feel better, more relaxed, less lethargic. We're so blessed to have different seasons, each making us appreciate the next and long for the former. When it's cold & dreary will we long for the sweltering days of summer? Well, maybe not long for. Most people probably enjoy spring and fall for the same reasons I do - less extreme conditions.

My friend Cathy told of seeing a beautiful moonrise yesterday. What's more beautiful than a harvest moon peeking over a field, then rising in majesty? It seems so close you could reach out and touch it. Since I'm a morning person my favorite is sunrise, especially when rain is in the forecast. Red sky at morning, sailors take warning; red sky at night, sailors' delight. (Technology that allows a screen as opposed to a tiny viewfinder on a camera is a wonderful thing for people w/ vision impairments.)


In a few hours I'll join many others for a time of fellowship, Bible study and worship. My mom, Laurie & I go to BBC, so there are four generations of us there every Sunday. Laurie couldn't be in this picture because she was the one w/ the camera phone. Maybe next time.

No comments: